new wordpress (development) site (johanneskalma.nl)
On my Ubuntu Desktop Apache with php and mysql has already been installed and all setup to run a wordpress site. So I skip this part of the setup. Development will be done with Atom editor.
- Setup MySql.
- I use phpMyAdmin to add a new database: johanneskalma.nl.
- Because of the local nature, I don’t care about ‘security’, therefor a user johannes has been created which is granted everything possible on the database.
- Now it’s time to install wordpress according to these steps:
- create dir /var/www/html/johanneskalma.nl/
- cd /var/www/html/johanneskalma.nl
- wget https://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz
- tar xvfz latest.tar.gz
- mv wordpress/* .
- rmdir wordpress
- rm latest.tar.gz
- Initial setup of WordPress.
- Open chrome with url http://localhost/johanneskalma.nl
- First page asks to choose your language. I choose the default: English (United States)
- Next screen asks to setup the database connections
- Run the Install
- Final part is setup a site Title (in my case johannes kalma (dev theme)) an a username/password to log in WordPress. Press the Install button
Wordpress has now been setup.
Let’s start developing.